At the beginning of August I bought a WD 500GB external hard drive which I installed that evening; putting all of my personal files on it and a back up. All went smooth until today (about 2-3 weeks later)when I wanted to back up additional files.

As soon as I opened the home page a pop up appeared telling me there was an update, so I accepted

it. Just as it was finishing, the home page short cut disappeared and there was a message from windows saying the new driver did not install successfully...not on a second or third try either.

My complaint is that I think the failure is programed in because when I called the support number they wanted to charge a "nominal fee" (his words) of $110.00 to fix it!

Had an Experience with Western Digital?

Comments

Empower Laptop - Empowerlaptop.com-A trustable motherboard supplier Empower Laptop " I own a Italian lab that deals with notebook repair, and want to find a reliable company who can supply us with good-quality motherboard of all brands. And after..." Read more Otterbox - Pissed off Otterbox "I have a cast on because I had surgery 2 weeks ago well a little less than two weeks ago and I was walking into my house and I had..." Read more Western Digital - Backup Software Review Western Digital "My Cloud 2TB network attached storage (NAS) device was horrible! Spent about 20 hours working on configurations, changing router settings, reinstalling My Cloud software and never got transfer speeds faster..." Read more Gearbest - Stay away Gearbest "The site looks at first very good. The prices are very attractive and the first order usual done very quick. The problem starts after the order is placed. My review..." Read more Priceline is Fraud Priceline "Bought a hotel reservation that was changeable. Turned out it was bait and switch. Out over $1200. See the screen grab of the actual page I purchased from. Note the..." Read more Brighter Image Lab - Misused photos & go fund me account Brighter Image Lab "Back in 2015, I was searching for option cheaper than having all my teeth removed and getting an upper denture. I sent in a phone and a testimonial to these..." Read more Pats Pizzeria Family Restaurant - Pat's- YOU LOSE Pats Pizzeria Family Restaurant "I have to give at least 1 star but the service or lack there of that I received today is not worthy of 1 point on a star. The Manager..." Read more Maaco - Bad paint job and broke window Maaco "Took my SUV in to have the driver side painted. Plan black was used and you can see the difference because I have sparklers in my black paint. But when..." Read more