3.6
Style and Design
Usability

recent email sums it up:

As of 11Am today 3/10/2017 I talked with customer service, customer service level 2 and a manager in the department who told me that this issue is out of Customer services hands and is under the control of the RMA department. That he has no control on this and cannot do anything further. He also informed me that there is no RMA Department phone number and he has no direct contact, and I should reply to this e-mail as it will go to the RMA department. This problem goes back to January of this year or even earlier, but I will skip to what is at hand. The above stated RMA was Received by western Digital on the 28th Feb 2018, March first I called to find out what the turnaround time is on the RMA and was told they had not received it yet. I told the agent I talked with it showed delivered on the 28th at 11 am , and who signed for it, But I was then told the system may not have been updated with good information and to wait 24 hours. In48 hours I was again told to give them 24 hours and I would get a call to resolve the issue. This occurred 3 more times and each time I did not receive a call or an email, even after being escalated to level 2 department. On the morning of March 9 2018 I was sent to the level 2 department where once again I was told that the previous agent noted that one drive was missing, but after being on hold for a considerable time the agent came back on and asked it was sent complete? I stated it was and when the agent returned he said that he was now being told and looking at an image of the box no drives were present. I waited until, Later in the day, 9 or ten hours and tried to call only to find the department closed. About an hour after that I saw an email come in stating the box was rejected and returned under a enclosed ups tracking number. The email also stated that I should put the drives in it and return the unit for RMA exchange. Today I talked to Customer service then Level 2 support and then a manager at level two to find resolution and the fact I cannot put something back we do not have! I was told it was not handled by customer service and that the RMA department had control of it. I was also told that they could not provide me with a contact number or email for contact. That I needed to respond to this email and continue from there. That further calls would help on this matter. My Concerns are many and I am very upset with the handling of this situation. ONE concern is why on all the calls made I was told they had not received the unit or could not locate it? On two calls I was told it was lost or not received, and they (Customer service) would investigate! All I was asking on any call, was “What the turnaround time would be” Second concern is one of why could they not find the unit? Even when I was talking to Level 2 and a manager? Another concern is why one drive was missing? Then went to all drives missing? The issue of where was the NAS box for all those days that no one could find it, give information on it, or tell me what we could do to solve this problem! NOT EVEN A MANAGER OF A DEPARTMENT!!!!!

Being this is a law office I can provide affidavits that it was shipped complete, and I have photos just like you that shows with drives. I can also provide an affidavit that it was boxed and taken to UPS in it’s complete form. Last concern the picture sent to me shows a box that could or could not be the one I shipped! There is no shipping material, no box it was shipped in so I have no way of knowing where it came from, is it mine? Or anything like that. We have a habit in the office that anything shipped has a phot of enclosed material, even documents so we can refer back to photo’s in case of any questions.

I have never had a problem with Western Digital in the past, and never had any problems in dealing with the company. I believe that this situation is making up for any of the previous good that has been done.

Product or Service Mentioned: Western Digital Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Has always been good untill this issue, Equipment sold.

I didn't like: Promises not fullfilled, Follow up, Most answers sound like a script.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 10.

Comments